MSSQL 2014: Discovery Failed Alert in SCOM 2012 R2 is one of the most buzzing alerts you may ever seen when you import System Center Management Pack for SQL Server.
Note: Before you start the process, make sure that Distribution property of the action account is set to More Secure and add the specified SQL Servers you are going to monitor to the Distribution List.
In order to get rid of that error you only need to follow the following steps:
- Use your SCOM Action Account and associate it with the following SQL Profiles:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Discovery Run As Profile
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Monitoring Run As Profile
- Go to your SQL Servers and open “Local Users and Groups”, and assign the SCOM Action Account to the following Groups:
- Event Log Readers
- Performance Monitor Users
- After applying the mentioned above steps, you may still face the same issue, if so, you can set SCOM Action account as Local Admin, then assign System Admin Role on the database for SCOM Action Account and NT Authority\System.